Why have a doula?
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth:
- tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
- Feel more secure and cared for
- Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- Have greater success with breastfeeding
- Have greater self-confidence
- Have less postpartum depression
- Have lower incidence of abuse
(source: DONA International)
Birth is a momentous and transformative occasion, and deserves the best attention and care possible, to make it as rewarding and pleasurable for you (and your partner) as possible. This is where we doulas come in.
During birth – I will be your doula.
Well before your labor starts we will have two pre-natal sessions (included in the doula package price) that make sure we are prepared for your birthing experience together. We will discuss your wishes and preferences as well as look at a birthing map of how you would like things to optimally flow during labor.
We’ll also cover various techniques and tools that you can use during birthing, and also chart out the different ways in which I can be of help to you physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually once labor gets going.
I will be on call 10 days before your due date and 10 days after your due date, your baby can take its time to make itself ready to come in to the world. I will be staying with you, supporting you thoughout the whole of your laboring journey, and will be staying on for the first couple of hours after your baby is born, to make sure you’re cozy, comfortable and settled with your new baby.
After you get settled into your new life as a mother, we’ll have one post-natal session together (also included in the doula package price) to talk through the birthing experience and give you additional support for life as a new mom.
My Doula Package includes:
2 prenatal sessions.
I’m on call 10 days prior to and 10 days after due date.
doulaing during your labour and a couple of hours after the baby is born.
1 post-natal session.
The doula package costs 465£ as I’m going through my recognition process with Doula UK. To book me as your doula, please email:
– I look forward to working with you and supporting you inthe best birthing experience possible for you.